My very dear friend, Geoff, loves bright colors! So when he asked for my assistance in finding red chairs I knew this meant BRIGHT red! We were on a mission, and as most of my furniture missions begin we started our search at the Alameda Flea Market. After an hour or so of searching and enjoying some delicious food, a la food truck, we found exactly what we were looking for... Well, minus the bright read, but a quick DIY would make Geoff's dreams a reality.
1. Clean the chairs
2. Remove the legs (if possible)
3. Tape off any parts of the chair you don't want painted
4. Spray chairs with a primer
5. Spray chairs with desired color, wait for them to dry
6. Spray a second coat, if desired
7. Spray a clear coat to finish
* we only ended up using one coat of paint that had a gloss and achieved the desired effect... a much faster option
Voila! Geoff's dinning room transformed and well on it's way to becoming beautiful!
The stencil/wall hanging is from The Container Store (here) and the super adorable PacMan light, "Blinky" is by a local artist here in San Francisco.
Geoff, unlike me, could double as a botanist. His thumbs are greener than Kermit the frog! A good options for someone who is unable to keep plants alive (such as myself) is a terrarium with mosses. They're dried plants and things that require very little water and care. I thought I would share one of Geoff's latest terrarium creations with you all. Enjoy!