We've had lots to celebrate over here at Heels and Sunkissed Curls recently: friends tying the knot, family visits, becoming official wine club members, beautiful weather, Tuesday's... you name it we're celebrating! So why not celebrate in style with these gilded wine glasses!
I found these gems here (by Marc Blackwell) and decided to recreate my own with a little twist:
1. Determine how much of the glass you would like painted and measure from the bottom up
2. Tape - Use a non-stick painters tape to protect the area of the glass you want to keep clear
Note: it doesn't have to be perfectly straight, and there will be bubbles
3. Rubber Bands - use thick rubber bands as a guide to achieve straight lines covering over the edges of the tape
4. Cover the remaining areas (that you'd like to leave unpainted) with paper and secure with tape
5. Spray Paint - spray one coat evenly, allow for dying time, then repeat (better to use too little paint, than too much, you don't want drips)
6. For a shiny effect apply a clear coat of gloss, after the paint has dried
7. Allow adequate drying time and remove rubber bands and tape
To achieve the multi-ring effect, follow these steps:
After the paint has dried and other materials removed, put a rubber band above the edge of the first painted area to create the space between the lines. Then leave an empty area (desired width of painted line) and place another rubber band above that line. Next cover the rest of the glass to be left unpainted with tape and paper, secure and repeat steps 5, 6 & 7 from above.
Now we're all set to sip in style! Stay tuned for another celebration themed post tomorrow!